Remote Raiding is here, and it is glorious!
Pokemon GO is a game that encourages players to get out of the house, catch monsters, trade with people, and battle alongside (or against) other players.
Obviously, with the current COVID-19 situation we find ourselves in, Niantic can’t promote healthy outdoor exercise like it usually would.
In a bid to help players level their Pokemon and continue on their journey to be the best like no one ever was, Niantic has started to make changes to the game, making parts of the game accessible without needing to walk to a specific location.
Enter the Remote Raid Pass!
What Is The Remote Raid Pass?
The Remote Raid Pass is exactly what you think it is. Pokemon GO players will be extremely familiar with the Raid Pass.
Giving access to the Raid Battle, win the raid battle and you’ll be able to try your luck at netting the high-level monster you and your team defeated.
Well, a Remote Raid Pass will gain you access to Raid Battles, remotely… as in, from home.
When Will Remote Raiding Begin?
The Remote Raid Pass is here.
How Will Remote Raiding Work?
Players can do the exact same as they would for a normal raid.
Unfortunately, remote players won’t earn as much XP as players that are at the location.
How Much Does A Remote Raid Pass Cost?
remote Raid Passes can be purchased from the PokeShop:
- 1 Remote Raid Pass = 100 PokeCoins
- 3 Remote Raid Pass = 250 PokeCoins
Extra Remote Features
As well as the Remote Raid Pass, Niantic has included some incredible features to help players who are missing out on their usual Pokemon GO rewards.
You can see all of the extra features below.
- You can now receive a bonus Field Research task daily – without having to head outside to spin a PokeStop
- Your Buddy Pokemon will keep you safe by venturing out to nearby PokeStops and bringing back some Gifts; you can then send these out to friends
- The radius around PokeStops and Gyms have now been doubled
- Doubled Incense duration
- Increased Incense effectiveness
- Open 1.5x as many Gifts
- Hold 2x as many Gifts in your Item Bag
- No walking requirement for the GO Battle League
- Half the hatching distance for Eggs
- Boosted damage for Trainers battling remotely in Raids